Data privacy statement
1. Responsibility for data processing
This data protection information refers to data processing performed by:
Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH, Managing Director Eckhard Rüter, Grosse Heide 39-41, D-32425 Minden, Tel: 0049 571-646900, Fax; 0049 571-6469020, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible person: Eckhard Rüter, Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH, Große Heide 39-41, D-32425 Minden, Tel: 0049 571-646900, Fax: 0049 571-6469020, Email: email@example.com
2. Processing of personal data
Access to our website
Whenever a page of our www.tauris.de website is accessed, data are sent automatically from the browser of the user’s computer to the server of the www.tauris.de website. These data are stored for a limited period of time.
Without any user interaction, the following data are collected and stored until they are automatically deleted:
- the IP address of the user,
- the date and time of access,
- the name and URL of the page(s) accessed,
- the website from which our website was accessed (referrer URL),
- the browser and, where appropriate, the operating system used, as well as the name of the access provider.
These data are processed by Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH for the following purposes:
- to guarantee smooth linking to our website,
- to guarantee easy handling of the Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website,
- to facilitate evaluation of system security and stability, and
- to facilitate further administrative tasks.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. On this legal basis, Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH has a legitimate interest in the data for the above purposes. The purpose of the data acquisition is not to draw any conclusions about the persons accessing our website.
The Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website includes a contact form. It enables users to contact Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH. In order to make contact using this form, the stating of a valid email address is compulsory. This is required so that Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH can allocate the query correctly and respond to it appropriately. Other details on the contact form are voluntary.
Data resulting from contact with Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH will be processed in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR and on the basis of consent given by the user. Data acquired via the contact form will automatically be deleted once the enquiry has been dealt with.
3. Transfer of data to third parties
Personal data will not be transferred to third parties, unless for one of the purposes expressly stated below. Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH will only transfer personal data to third parties if:
- the user has expressly consented to the transfer in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR;
- the transfer of personal data is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR for the enforcement, assertion or defence of legal claims on the part of Rüter EPV- Systeme GmbH, and there is no reason to assume that this interest is outweighed by a legitimate interest of the user in non-transfer of the data;
- a legal obligation to transfer the personal data exists in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR; and/or
- the transfer is legally permissible and also necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR in order to fulfil the contract between Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH and the user.
The cookies enable Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH to make its website more attractive to users. Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH uses session cookies, which recognise if a user has already accessed the same page. Session cookies are automatically deleted when the user leaves the overall website.
Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH uses temporary cookies to make its website as user-friendly as possible. They remain stored on the user’s computer for a fixed period of time. If the user accesses the website again, the cookie automatically recognises that the user has accessed it before. It also remembers any details entered or settings selected on the previous visit, saving the user from having to type or select them again.
User data which are processed via cookies are required for the abovementioned purposes and in order to protect the legitimate interests of Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH, as well as the legitimate interests of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Cookies are usually accepted by browsers automatically. If a user does not wish this to happen, the browser settings can be adjusted to prevent cookies from being stored on the computer, or to trigger a message before a new cookie can be stored. It should be noted, however, that full deactivation of cookies can prevent the user from accessing all the functions of the Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website.
5. Analytics tools
Analytics tools listed in the following and used by Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH are in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR. Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH uses these tools in order to guarantee a website design which is adapted to the needs of its users, as well as a continual optimisation of this website. Moreover, Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH uses these analytics tools in order to gather statistics about the above website, to optimise this website, and to evaluate this optimisation from the viewpoint of the user. These are legitimate interests of Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH in line with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The analytics tools listed below provide information about types of data processing and the reasons for them.
Google Analytics Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH uses Google Analytics, an internet analysis service provided by Google Inc., https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereafter Google). This analytics tool creates pseudonymous user profiles and installs cookies (section 4 of this data privacy statement).
The information which is generated by cookies about access to our website includes:
- browser type and version,
- operating system,
- previously accessed website (referrer URL),
- host name of computer (IP address),
- time and date of server query.
These data are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information generated is used to increased the attractivity of the website for users, to compile reports about activity on the website, and to provide services connected to website use and internet use for market research purposes, as well as to adapt the website design to the needs of its users.
This information may be passed on to third parties under certain circumstances, namely if this is a legal requirement or if the third party has a contractual obligation to process the data. Data are not merged with other Google data. Collected IP addresses are anonymised, making the assignation of an IP address to a user impossible (IP masking).
Users can hinder the installation of cookies by adjusting the settings of their computer browser; Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH would like to stress, however, that such an adjustment might prevent the user from accessing all the functions of the Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website.
Users can prevent personal data generated by cookies (incl. the IP address) from being gathered, as well as from being processed by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on. See: (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
In addition, clicking on this link prevents the logging of data. A cookie is installed which undermines the logging of user data when the Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website is accessed. If this cookie is deleted, the procedure must be repeated. The cookie only works for the browser used to activate it, and only for the Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website.
Further information about data protection in connection with Google Analytics is available at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de.
Use of font libraries (Google Webfonts)
In order to present our contents legibly and also attractively for all browsers, our website uses font libraries, such as Google Webfonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/). Google Webfonts are transferred to the cache of the user’s browser in order to avoid multiple loading. If the browser does not support Google Webfonts or denies access, the website contents are displayed in a standard font.
Accessing a font library automatically triggers a link to the library operator. Here it is theoretically possible – albeit unclear if and why – that the operators of such libraries could gather data.
The data privacy statement of library operator Google is available at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps API in order to visualise geographical information. Whenever a user accesses Google Maps, Google collects data about use of its map functions by the user, processes this information and uses it. The Google data privacy statements provide further information about data processing at Google. The Google data protection centre also permits users to change their individual data protection settings.
Detailed instructions regarding the management of personal data in connection with Google products are available at: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190.
6. User rights.
Users have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to demand information about their personal data processed by Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH. In particular, they can demand information about the reasons for processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients of their personal data, the storage period planned for their data, the existence of a right to correct, delete, or restrict the processing of their data, the existence of a right to object, the existence of a right to complain, the right to know the origin of the stored data if not collected by Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH, as well as the existence of an automatic decision-making process including profiling and, if so, to demand signficant information about the details of this;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to demand that user data stored by Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH be corrected if incorrect, or completed if incomplete. Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH must realise these demands without delay;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR to demand that user data stored by Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH be deleted, provided that processing is not required in order to exercise any rights to freedom of opinion and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the enforcement, assertion or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to demand that processing of their personal data be restricted if the data are believed to be incorrect and the processing illegitimate, but the user does not wish the data to be deleted, even though Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH no longer requires the data, because the user needs them for the enforcement, assertion or defence of legal claims, or the user has objected to processing of the data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to receive from Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH the data they voluntarily made available to Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format. They can also demand that the data be sent to another responsible person;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Abs. 3 GDPR to withdraw at any time their consent given to Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH. Following a withdrawal of consent, Rüter EPV- Systeme GmbH will no longer continue with the data processing based on this consent; and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory body. Here users always have the choice between the authority at his place of residence, or his place of work, or the place of business of Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH.
7. Rights of objection and withdrawal
In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, a user has the right to object to processing of personal data if the data are not being processed on the basis of legitimate interests of Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR, and if there are reasons for the objection arising from the user’s special individual situation, or if the objection is to direct advertising. In this last case, users have a general right of objection and do not have to cite any special individual situation before Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH must grant this objection and act accordingly.
Objections or withdrawals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH, Grosse Heide 39-41, D-32425 Minden, Fax: 0571-6469020.
8. Data security
Concerning access to its Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website, Rüter EPV- Systeme GmbH uses the widespread SSL procedure. This means that the encryption level used is always the highest level accepted by the user’s browser. This is usually a 256 Bit encryption. If the user’s browser does not support 256 Bit encryption, Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH resorts to the next-highest encryption level. Whenever an individual page of the Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website is transmitted in encrypted form, users can recognise this from the closed key or lock symbol in the status bar of their browser.
Moreover, Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH takes additional technical and organisational safety measures to ensure that user data are protected against manipulations, whether they be random, negligent or premeditated. This also includes protection against partial or complete loss of the data, destruction of the data, or unauthorised access of third parties to the data. The safety measures taken by Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH are continually being improved in line with state-of-the-art technology.
9. Updates and amendments
This data privacy statement was compiled in May 2018. Further development of the Rüter EPV-Systeme GmbH website may require amendments to this statement. The latest update of the data privacy statement can be viewed at any time at: https://www.tauris.de/data-protection, and can also be printed.